Following the earthquake that hit the southern region of Morocco on September 8th, we would like to point out that there is no current impact on the 2023 ILCA 7 Men’s & ILCA 6 Women’s U21 World Championship in Tangier. The event is scheduled to take place from October 15-22 as planned.
Tangier is a unique and historic city located in the northwest corner of Morocco, at the point where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. The city has a rich cultural heritage, and has been a hub of trade and commerce for centuries. It is known for its beautiful beaches, picturesque medina (old town), and vibrant markets. Visitors to Tangier can also take day trips to nearby attractions such as the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis and the charming seaside town of Asilah. Here’s a map link to the location of Tangier, Morocco: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tangier,+Morocco/
visit the website of the city : https://fr.tanger.ma/
Reach TANGIER :
There are several ways to get there. The most common ways to reach Tangier are by plane, train, bus or ferry.
- By Plane: The city’s main airport is Ibn Battuta Airport, located about 20 km southwest of the city center. You can fly to Tangier from several major European cities, as well as from other cities in Morocco. Some of the airlines that operate flights to Tangier include Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair, and EasyJet.
- By Train: There are several trains that connect Tangier to other cities in Morocco, including Casablanca, Fez, and Marrakech. The train station is located in the city center, making it easy to access your hotel or other destination.
- By Bus: There are several bus companies that operate regular services to and from Tangier, connecting the city with other destinations in Morocco. The bus station is located in the city center.
- By Ferry: There are also several ferry services that operate between Tangier and several Spanish and European cities such as Algeciras, Tarifa and Gibraltar.
Here are some links that might be helpful in planning your trip to Tangier:
- For flight options, you can check out this website https://www.skyscanner.com/flights-to/tng/cheap-flights-to-tangier-airport.html
- For train options, you can check out this website: https://www.oncf.ma/en
- For bus options, you can check out this website: https://www.supratours.ma/en/home/
- for ferry options, you can check out this website: https://www.aferry.com/ferry-to-tangier.htm
Tangier, Morocco is a vibrant and historic city that offers a wide range of activities for tourists. Some popular things to do in Tangier include:
1. Visit the Kasbah: The Kasbah is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the historical center of Tangier. It features traditional Moroccan architecture and offers beautiful views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Explore the Medina: The Medina is the traditional old town of Tangier, and is a maze of narrow streets and traditional markets. It is a great place to shop for traditional Moroccan goods such as textiles, ceramics and jewelry.
3. Visit the American Legation Museum: This museum is located in the former American consulate and is dedicated to the history of American-Moroccan relations.
4. Take a day trip to the nearby town of Asilah: This charming town is located just 30 minutes away from Tangier and is known for its well-preserved old medina, lively arts scene and beautiful beaches.
5. Enjoy the beaches: Tangier has a number of beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing and water sports. Some popular beaches include Malabata, Plage de la Corniche and Plage de Tanger.
6. Visit the Dar Batha Museum: This museum is housed in a 19th century palace and features a collection of traditional Moroccan art and artifacts.
7. Hike to the Cape Spartel: This cape is located on the northwestern tip of Africa and offers spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
8. Take a ferry to Spain: Tangier is a great starting point for a day trip to the Spanish city of Tarifa, which is just a short ferry ride away.